Social Media Code of Conduct
Central Point Behavioral Health Center is also known as CPBHC.
As places for sharing information and connecting with the community, the CPBHC Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Google+ pages focus on advancing health and wellness, providing health coverage information, and promoting community events and health & wellness fairs.
We value the opportunity to connect with you, our fan, and we’re committed to being a resource for our online community.
As a fan of any of these pages, you are responsible to comply with the CPBHC Code of Conduct and for all of your activities on the CPBHC page including content that you post or upload or content that you share. Additionally, you are responsible for adhering to all applicable local, state, and national laws.
We understand that issues arise, and our fans sometimes need our help. And that’s okay. We’re here to help. We’re here to connect you to the right resource, to help you find the answers you need. That’s what being a community is all about – helping one another.
So, in order to keep our page positive and helpful, we ask that our fans follow these guidelines when interacting with us (CPBHC) or other fans on our Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Google+ pages:
1. Share information – the purpose of the CPBHC Facebook page is to get information out to our communities. So please share our information with friends and family.
2. Use constructive feedback – so we can help resolve your issue, focus your feedback on the event or situation. Avoid open criticism. This does not help CPBHC find a solution for you.
3. Do not disclose your own (or someone else’s) personal health information (PHI) and/or your CPBHC member information. Any posts that contain this information will be removed by CPBHC immediately without advance notice.
4. State clearly how CPBHC can help you.
5. Do not post comments or questions that are offensive, demeaning or out of context. While we welcome constructive criticism, personal attacks of any kind will not be tolerated. These types of posts will be removed and blocked immediately without advance notice. Prohibited behavior includes but is not limited to:
Comments, posts, and sharing of information including links to other pages/sites that express or advocate prejudice on the basis of age, gender, disability (physical or mental), ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, nationality or religion.
Comments, posts and sharing of information including links to other pages/sites that express profanity, hatred, violence, self-harm, hate speech or threats against an individual or group.
Comments, posts and sharing of information including links to other pages/sites that are sexually explicit, contain nudity or pornography.
Use of spam including fake or unsolicited advertisements, link scams, clickjacking, and fake commenting.
At anytime and without notice, CPBHC reserves the right to change or modify this Code of Conduct. As a fan of our social pages we encourage you to periodically review this Code of Conduct.
We need people with a passion to help others... just like you. We need your skills, talents, and dreams to continue to serve our community.
"One of the greatest gifts you can give is your time."
BECOME A DONOR
Central Point Behavioral Health Center helps thier community by providing food (whether hot or in the form of a grocery or fast-food gift card), a safe place to sleep (hotel vouchers and shelters for homeless, domestic violence victims, and teen runaways), transportation costs (gas card, Uber, taxi), assistance with medical expenses, final expenses (funeral, burial, cremation), and recover and rebuild after a disaster.
Contribute today! Any amount accepted! They can also be a one-time donation or recurring.